Three hospitalized by Cote St. Luc fire
Published Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:33AM EST
Last Updated Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:58AM EST
Three people were taken to hospital Tuesday morning after a fire broke out in an apartment building in Cote St. Luc.
Firefighters say the fire started before 6 a.m. in a second floor kitchen at 5775 Sir Walter Scott Ave.
One person tried to put out the flames but was unsuccessful. He ended up cutting himself.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire within an hour, and were also able to contain the fire within the kitchen.
Other residents of the building should be able to return home without any difficulty.
Three people, who are all believed to live in the apartment where the fire began, were all taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The apartment where the fire broke out had a heat detector, but was not equipped with a smoke detector.