Quebec’s first baby of 2013 born ten seconds past midnight
Published Tuesday, January 1, 2013 12:43PM EST
MONTREAL—Ten seconds into the New Year, the province’s first baby of 2013 was born in Quebec City at the Laval University Health Centre.
Melissa Pilote and Emmanuel Gravel of Baie St-Paul welcomed Mathilde, the couple’s second child.
According to Richard Fournier, the hospital’s director of communications, the mother and child are doing “marvelously.”
Montreal’s first baby was born at St-Mary’s Hospital at 12:14 a.m. to Genevieve Lajoie and Jean-Alexandre Dube. Eve-Catherine Dube is in good health.
Melissa Pilote and Emmanuel Gravel of Baie St-Paul with Mathilde. Quebec's first baby of 2013. (Courtesy of the CHUL)
LIVE on CTVNews.ca
- 4 p.m. ET: Lisa LaFlamme helms extensive CTV News Budget 2015 coverage LIVE on CTVNews.ca, CTV News GO, CTV News Channel, CTV and CTV GO
- 2:15 p.m. ET: MPs debate during question period in the House of Commons
- 4:30 p.m. ET: Ontario Finance Minister Charles Sousa comments on federal budget
- April 23, 2015: Ontario budget is tabled
- May 9, 2015: Ontario PC leadership convention