Overnight fire in Ville-Marie, smoke detectors weren't working
None of the building's smoke detectors were working when a fire broke out in a three-storey building in Ville-Marie.
MONTREAL- A fire broke out in a three-storey building on Champlain St. in Montreal’s Ville-Marie borough during the night of Dec. 29.
Several people were forced onto the streets as a result of the blaze.
The building was heavily damaged, but no injuries were reported.
None of the building’s smoke detectors were working.