Recipe: Merton Elementary's Easy Potato Latkes
Published Monday, December 12, 2016 4:21PM EST
Last Updated Monday, December 12, 2016 4:29PM EST
Easy Potato Latkes
with Chef Doug from PIUS Culinary at Merton Elementary School
4 potatoes, washed, peeled, cut in chunks
1 yellow onion, peeled, cut in chunks
2 large eggs
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
fresh black pepper as needed
Vegetable or canola oil for frying
1. Finely chop potato and onion in a food processor.
2. Add the eggs and process 5 seconds more.
3. Add remaining dry ingredients to the pureed mix and blend another 10 seconds
4. Transfer mix to a clean bowl
5. Heat enough oil in a frying pan.
6. Place spoonfuls of potato latke mix in mounds and fry on each side until golden brown.
7. Remove from frying pan and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
8. Eat and enjoy!
- Recipe: The New Food Processor Bible, by Norene Gilletz