Ambulance workers serving areas of Quebec begin striking
Workers for ten companies that provide ambulance services in Quebec begin a strike on Thursday.
However, because emergency services must be provided, the health care workers have limited means to express their anger over the failure to negotiate a contract.
The 1,500 employees have agreed to work all of their shifts and perform most of their tasks.
They will move patients between hospitals, but won't bring escorting nurses and doctors back to the orignial hospitals. They will also not be doing some paperwork, nor will they engage in community relations.
The ambulance technicians on strike work for:
- Ambulance du Bas Saint-François
- Ambulance Cote-de-Beaupré
- Cooperative des paramedics de l'Outaouais
- Ambulance 0911 inc., Louiseville
- Ambulances Rawdon
- Ambulances Rive Sud inc.(Levis)
- Ambulances Drummondville
- Groupe Radisson inc., secteur Grande-Riviere
- Groupe Radisson inc., secteur Grande-Vallée
- Groupe Radisson inc., secteurs Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, Mont-Louis et Murdochville