Thanksgiving: What will be open and closed in Montreal
Thanksgiving weekend is upon us, and with it comes a raft of holiday-related closings and changes in operating hours for businesses and government offices.
Here’s a look at what will be opened and closed in Montreal on Thanksgiving Monday:
- most municipal offices, including borough offices, Acces Montreal offices and other city service centres
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Musee d’art contemporain
- Claude-Robillard sports complex
- federal government offices
- Canada Post offices, and there will not be any mail delivery
- Quebec government offices
- Revenu Quebec offices
- SAAQ offices
- Offices, clinics and test centres at the McGill University Health Centre
- most shopping malls
- grocery stores
- public markets
- Montreal Casino
- Montreal Botanical Gardens
- Montreal Science Centre
- SAQ outlets
- most pharmacies
- Ecocentres will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Taz skateboard park will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Libraries and sporting centres all have individual hours varying by borough.
Garbage and recycling collection also varies by borough; call 311 or visit Info-Collectes for details.