Featured articles by Joe Lofaro
- Victim's family seeking answers more than one month after fatal Montreal apartment fire
- After a hotel worker allegedly stole her AirPods, woman helps Quebec police track them down
- Quebec judge authorizes class-action lawsuit over 'addictive' Fortnite game
- Quebec has issued $45M in fines during the pandemic, but only a fraction of them have been paid
- Quebec’s advice on booster shots ‘doesn't make a whole lot of sense,’ public health experts say
- Pornhub owner settles lawsuit with 50 women, including four Canadians
- 'You baboon, learn to speak French': Quebec woman wins human rights complaint after neighbour’s harassment
- Woman says McGill didn’t fire coach after reporting misogynistic tweets, alleged sexual abuse
- 'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal
- Montreal luxury home of PornHub owner destroyed in suspected arson
Articles by Joe Lofaro
- Father of Old Montreal fire victim launches $22M lawsuit
- Police in Laval, Montreal join forces to fight arsons, extortions linked to organized crime
- Police find 6 bodies, including 1 child, in St. Lawrence River
- Seven lives lost: The victims of the Old Montreal fire
- Universite de Laval: Faculty vote overwhelmingly in favour of an agreement
- Accused bus driver in Laval daycare crash to undergo further evaluation
- Police find 6th and 7th bodies inside site of Old Montreal fire
- Man in life-threatening condition after shooting in Pierrefonds-Roxboro: paramedics
- Montreal police investigate shots fired from 2 moving vehicles in Ahuntsic-Cartierville
- RCMP arrest Montreal teenager on terrorism allegations after tip from FBI
- Police find 2 more bodies at site of Old Montreal fire; first victim identified
- 'Bricks versus bodies': Father agonizes over pace of recovery efforts in old Montreal fire
- Unanswered questions: Montreal mayor calls for meeting with Airbnb after fatal fire
- MindGeek's new owner vows 'public and transparent ownership' after Pornhub controversy
- Missing Montreal teen found safe in Edmonton: police
- Police seek public's help to solve attempted murder of Leonardo Rizzuto
- Pornhub owner MindGeek sold to Ottawa private equity firm
- Driver, 65, dies in collision on Hwy. 30 in Brossard
- Two dead, nine injured in crash on Beauce highway
- Leonardo Rizzuto injured in Laval shooting
Joe Lofaro is a digital reporter at CTV Montreal.
Born and raised in Ottawa, he got his start in journalism in the nation’s capital at the Metro Ottawa newspaper. There, he covered some of the biggest stories of his career, including the Parliament Hill shootings and an expose on the Ottawa Police Service’s tendency to dismiss sexual assault complaints as unfounded. The small but mighty paper also sent him across the globe in 2013 to South Korea where he had the honour of interviewing veterans of the Korean War who were visiting the country to mark the 60th anniversary of the Korean War Armistice.
In 2016, he was hired as a reporter at the Ottawa Citizen, where he worked primarily in the paper’s courts bureau. He reported extensively at the time on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Jordan decision and its effects on cases of murder and child abuse, and published an exposé on historical sexual assault allegations involving a local priest.
He also worked at CBC Ottawa as a digital reporter, where he also broadened his skills by reporting for radio.
He briefly switched careers to work as a digital content writer in the Senate of Canada’s communications directorate — a job that allowed him to document the work of senators on a fact-finding mission throughout northern Canada and learn about life in the Arctic.
He moved to Montreal in March 2021 to join the CTV newsroom.