Featured articles by Joe Lofaro
- Victim's family seeking answers more than one month after fatal Montreal apartment fire
- After a hotel worker allegedly stole her AirPods, woman helps Quebec police track them down
- Quebec judge authorizes class-action lawsuit over 'addictive' Fortnite game
- Quebec has issued $45M in fines during the pandemic, but only a fraction of them have been paid
- Quebec’s advice on booster shots ‘doesn't make a whole lot of sense,’ public health experts say
- Pornhub owner settles lawsuit with 50 women, including four Canadians
- 'You baboon, learn to speak French': Quebec woman wins human rights complaint after neighbour’s harassment
- Woman says McGill didn’t fire coach after reporting misogynistic tweets, alleged sexual abuse
- 'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal
- Montreal luxury home of PornHub owner destroyed in suspected arson
Articles by Joe Lofaro
- Driver in critical condition, 3 passengers injured after car strikes Montreal bus shelter
- 'My whole life is in there': Montrealers devastated after heritage building fire
- Man in his 80s hospitalized after major fire at Montreal heritage building
- Police officer filmed running through stop sign at Montreal intersection where girl was killed
- Airbnb is 'not a good corporate citizen,' says Quebec tourism minister
- A Quebec daycare worker allegedly gave children melatonin
- 'Shocking to see': Video shows Quebec students giving Nazi salute during class
- Police watchdog opens probe after driver dies in Boucherville, Que. car chase
- Quebec announces 5 private long-term care homes to get public funding
- City of Montreal has filled 111,000 potholes so far in 2023
- Albanian fugitive accused of killing police officer, son granted bail in Montreal
- Montreal teen who burned Israeli flag banned from social media after alleged probation violation
- Police seek public's help finding missing Laval teenager
- Metro service restored on Montreal's green line
- Girl, 10, in critical condition after being struck by vehicle in Montreal's west end
- Daughter-in-law of Montreal mobster shot dead outside salon in broad daylight
- Montreal fire chief says safety inspections still being done
- Mother, 2 kids seriously injured after fire in Laval apartment
- Ethics Commissioner opens probe after Quebec justice minister appoints friend as judge
- Contractor pleads guilty to bribing Hydro-Quebec official after UPAC fraud investigation
Joe Lofaro is a digital reporter at CTV Montreal.
Born and raised in Ottawa, he got his start in journalism in the nation’s capital at the Metro Ottawa newspaper. There, he covered some of the biggest stories of his career, including the Parliament Hill shootings and an expose on the Ottawa Police Service’s tendency to dismiss sexual assault complaints as unfounded. The small but mighty paper also sent him across the globe in 2013 to South Korea where he had the honour of interviewing veterans of the Korean War who were visiting the country to mark the 60th anniversary of the Korean War Armistice.
In 2016, he was hired as a reporter at the Ottawa Citizen, where he worked primarily in the paper’s courts bureau. He reported extensively at the time on the Supreme Court of Canada’s Jordan decision and its effects on cases of murder and child abuse, and published an exposé on historical sexual assault allegations involving a local priest.
He also worked at CBC Ottawa as a digital reporter, where he also broadened his skills by reporting for radio.
He briefly switched careers to work as a digital content writer in the Senate of Canada’s communications directorate — a job that allowed him to document the work of senators on a fact-finding mission throughout northern Canada and learn about life in the Arctic.
He moved to Montreal in March 2021 to join the CTV newsroom.