Montreal traffic: Major closures to affect Turcot and Met Thursday night through Tuesday morning
MONTREAL -- Road construction that had been on pause for the past several weeks as a result of COVID-19-related public-health orders have now resumed, and along with that comes weekend road closures in the Montreal area.
And while Quebec's transportation department has noted a 20 to 30 per cent decrease in traffic on roads and highways in the Montreal area, weekend closures on the Turcot and Metropolitain Expressways are expected to cause traffic headaches this long weekend.
The transportation department is recommending that motorists avoid the following closures:
Highway 15 southbound (closings from Thursday, 10:30 p.m. to Tuesday, 5 a.m.)
- Highway 15 south between the Turcot interchange and the Atwater Ave. entrance
- the entrance to Highway 15 south from Girouard Ave.
- the Turcot interchange ramp from Highway 15 south to Highway 20 west
- the Turcot interchange ramp from Highway 20 east to Highway 15 south
Highway 15 northbound
- the entrance to Highway 15 north from Saint-Jacques St (closed from Thursday 10 p.m. to Tuesday 5 a.m.)
Highway 40 west
- Complete closure between exit 71 - St-Laurent Blvd. / de l'Acadie Blvd and the entrance from Cavendish and Côte-Vertu Blvds., from at 10 p.m. to Tuesday at 5 a.m.
- ramp from Highway 15 north to Highway 40 west
- ramp from Highway 15 south to Highway 40 west