Discarded cigarette starts rooftop fire
Montreal firefighters at an eight-storey apartment building in Outremont on May 25, 2016 (CTV Montreal/Cosmo Santamaria)
Published Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:18AM EDT
One man was burned when a fire broke out overnight on the roof of an apartment building in Outremont.
The fire started around 4 a.m. on Bates Rd. on a rooftop terrasse when someone stubbed out a cigarette in a flower pot.
The hot ashes set fire to the plant and the flames quickly spread.
It took firefighters an hour and a half to get the fire under control.
One burned his hands and feet and was taken to hospital to be treated for his injuries.