Police have spoken to Jean Pascal about alleged sexual assault
Published Monday, January 27, 2014 7:04AM EST
Last Updated Monday, January 27, 2014 6:31PM EST
Police have spoken to champion boxer Jean Pascal about an alleged sexual assault that happened at his home north of Montreal this past weekend.
The complaint comes after Pascal hosted an impromptu party for about a dozen people at his home on Mulhouse Rd. in Lorraine on Saturday night.
At 5:30 a.m. on Sunday a 25-year-old woman contacted police to say she had been forced to have sex against her will.
Ste. Therese de Blainville police interviewed the woman shortly after she was treated at a local hospital.
Police tried to contact Pascal on Sunday morning, but he had already left the country to fly to L.A. for the Grammy awards.
Upon landing in L.A. Pascal learned that police wanted to talk to him, and he telephoned them Sunday evening.
"Mr. Pascal spoke to our investigators Sunday night," said Const. Jonathan Germain. "He said that as soon as he returns to Quebec, which will be later this week, he will talk to investigators to provide his version of events."
Police are still trying to identify the dozen or so people who were at Pascal's home for the party and wish to question them as well.
Pascal is a former light heavyweight champion, and just over a week ago defeated Montrealer Lucian Bute in a boxing match at the Bell Centre.
Jean Pascal celebrates after defeating Lucian Bute, with a unanimous decision during their WBC Diamond and NABF Light Heavyweight title fight Saturday, January 18, 2014 in Montreal. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Ryan Remiorz