No injuries in pair of eye-catching fires
Published Wednesday, May 7, 2014 9:49PM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:18AM EDT
A pair of fires, one in Point St. Charles and another on the Main, caused untold damage Wednesday but no injuries were reported.
The first fire burst out at a building on the Main during the noon hour, leading firefighters to ascend to the roof to battle the flames at about 12:15 p.m.
No injuries were reported at the four-storey, 50-year-old building at 3780 St. Laurent, just north of Pine Ave.
Police were initially asked to investigate the possibility of arson but later Wednesday a police representative told CTV Montreal that the fire is believed to have started in a stove.
Later Wednesday huge plumes of smoke filled the sky above a vacant industrial structure on Le Ber street in Point St. Charles at about 8 p.m.
Firefighters attacked the blaze on the roof of the industrial structure at 1830 Le Ber while police set up a perimeter. The structure will likely have to be demolished. Arson is not suspected.
Jason Mousseau took this photo of a building fire on St. Laurent Blvd. (May 7, 2014)
Another photo of the St. Laurent fire by Jason Mousseau (May 7, 2014)
This building on Le Ber in Point St. Charles was damaged by fire Wednesday. (CTV Montreal May, 7, 2014)