Firefighters say forgotten frying pan sparks flames
Published Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:19AM EDT
Last Updated Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:41AM EDT
Montreal firefighters say a frying pan left on a stove is to blame for an apartment building fire Wednesday night.
The blaze started on the second floor of a two-storey building at 2199 des Ormeaux St. in the Mercier-Hochelaga Maisonneuve borough.
Sixty firefighters were called to the scene. The fire began at 11:15 p.m. and the operation lasted about 90 minutes.
The fire was contained to the building but two apartments were affected.
Three people were taken in by the Red Cross and one person was taken to hospital to be treated for shock.
Sixty firefighters were called to the scene of a fire in the Mercier-Hochelaga Maisonneuve borough Wednesday night. No one was hurt in the blaze.