Fire damages St-Hubert home
An electrical problem sparked at fire at 6096 Jules-Moulin St. in St-Hubert. (Nov. 7, 2012)
Published Wednesday, November 7, 2012 8:28AM EST
An electrical fire heavily damaged a home in St. Hubert overnight.
The fire began around 1 a.m. in the garage of a home on Jules-Moulin St., near Marcel-Simard Park.
Flames and smoke spread to the main building and to a car in the driveway.
When two dozen firefighters arrived three people had already evacuated the home. It took crews about an hour more to extinguish the flames.
The fire department estimates the damage to the home at about $125,000, and say the family will not be able to return until the damage is repaired.