Family left homeless by fire in Les Cedres
Published Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:10AM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:57AM EDT
A young family is homeless after a fire in Les Cedres Wednesday.
Neighbours called 9-1-1 around 12:30 a.m. after noticing the fire burning through the roof of a home on Chemin Du Fleuve.
The blaze began in the attic, so there was no smoke inside the house and alarms never went off.
The neighbours alerted the home's occupants to the fire and helped them to safety, ensuring that nobody was injured, although the young couple and their infant went to hospital as a precaution.
Damage to the house is extensive, both from the flames destroying the roof, and from the water and foam used to extinguish the fire.
Investigators are still figuring out how the fire began.