Family displaced by intense overnight blaze
Published Saturday, September 21, 2013 3:24PM EDT
MONTREAL - A family of five lost their home to fire overnight, as flames broke out around 2 a.m. Saturday on the upper floor at 3747 Henri-Bourassa in Montreal North.
About 60 firefighters were called to the scene and one was slightly injured fighting the flames.
Two adults and three children were evacuated from one of the two residential units, while the other apartment was vacant.
Firefighters say that the blaze could have been an caused by an electrical issue somewhere near the roof.
A convenience store on the street level suffered only minor damage.