Dale Weise says he didn't blab about Lucic
The Canadian Press
Published Friday, May 16, 2014 2:03PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, May 16, 2014 2:28PM EDT
BROSSARD - Canadiens forward Dale Weise says he never revealed exactly what was said by Boston's Milan Lucic during a post-game handshake after Montreal eliminated the Bruins from the NHL playoffs this week.
The winger was reportedly threatened by the rugged Boston forward during the traditional on-ice handshake between teams at the end of a series. Lucic, a 25-year-old from Vancouver, aggressively shook hands and had words with Weise and defenceman Alexei Emelin.
"You know what? I'm going to say it once: I never went into detail about it," Weise said Friday. "I never made any comment on what he said.
"It got blown out of proportion. They read his lips. TSN did it or whatever. I never personally went into any detail about what he said. I believe that should stay on the ice, and we'll leave it at that."
The Bruin reportedly said: "I'm going to kill you next year," with an F-Bomb thrown in for good measure.
When told that Weise said he had been threatened, Lucic called him a "baby" for revealing what was said between players on the ice, violating one of hockey's unwritten rules.