Christmas tree fire injures four in Mercier-Hochelaga Maisonneuve
gift safety christmas tree
Published Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:26PM EST
Last Updated Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:45PM EST
Four people were injured when a Christmas tree caused a fire on the evening of Dec. 24.
The incident occured in a condo building on Bossuet St. in the borough of Mercier-Hochelaga Maisonneuve in Montreal.
Five people were brought to the hospital as a result of the small blaze.
Three men in their early thirties suffered second degree burns to their face and hands and a woman, roughly 60 years old, incurred second degree burns to her feet. Another woman in her thirties suffered from nervous shock.
None of the injuries were life threatening.