Bell Canada technician electrocuted
Published Friday, July 20, 2012 9:36PM EDT
GRANDES-PILES—A 29-year-old Bell Canada employee from Trois-Rivieres was electrocuted on Friday afternoon while working in Grandes-Piles in the Mauricie.
The accident happened near 2:30 p.m. on the side of Route 155 when the cherry picker the technician was working in touched an electrical wire and caught on fire. Emergency crews needed five hours to lower the technician from the bucket.
The technician was declared dead after he was brought to a hospital at 7:30 p.m.